Our commitment to the environment begins with sourcing ingredients grown on organic farms. Grandy Organics granolas, roasted nuts, and trail mixes are all USDA certified organic. The land used to cultivate the ingredients made for our products has no chemical fertilizers, no pesticides, and no genetically modified seeds. Organic farming has been shown to improve soil and plant health, wildlife habitats, and biodiversity. We believe that organic foods are better for you, your health, and the planet.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
- We support organic farmers, locally and globally
- We buy local ingredients when possible
- We offset all of our energy uses with onsite solar power and renewable energy credits
- We provide jobs in rural Maine, promote work life balance, and bring economic growth to the communities we serve
- We seek to decrease waste
- We educate, advocate, & give back
- We collaborate with like minded companies and nonprofits
SOLAR POWERED BAKERY
In 2015, Grandy Organics purchased an unoccupied elementary school in Hiram, Maine. After updating and renovating the schoolhouse, we installed 288 solar panels in a nearby field. Our solar array can generate up to 95,000 kWh of clean, renewable energy on an annual basis. It provides power to our ovens, lights, computers, and our heating and cooling systems. These panels are capable of offsetting over 145,000 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions annually (the equivalent of driving roundtrip from Hiram, Maine, to San Francisco 25 times)!
BUY IN BULK
Grandy Organics offers a variety of granolas, roasted nuts, and trail mixes in bulk quantities. We love producing bulk products, because bulk allows customers to buy as much or as little as they want, it saves on packaging, and it allows customers to reuse their reusable containers!